Friday 13 July 2007

b'days :-)

somewhere around the world population day (if u r wondering when is that; its near my b'day, after all i'm not writing about world population) i celebrated my b'day which was the 23rd since i saw light in this world. so wats the big deal now, when nothing happened for the last 22 times? as a matter of fact, for the first 13 ones i dint had a pc, for the next 5, i was not going thru the net (too costly) and for the remaining, i was simply not into blogging. but the real reason is that, this is the time in the written history of my life (the one written in my memory) i had the most number of wishes from my friend. hey, i dint tell i received wishes in thousands, but almost 30-40. (hahaha, i hear the sarcastic laughs). if u thought getting 30 wishes is a reason to celebrate then just imagine the number of people who has remembered my b'day!!!
the only people who have ever remembered my b'day is of course my parents. not both of them, but my mom. my father always mistakes my sis' b'day for mine. so technically i don't blame him. i even have my sisters b'day as mine in my driving license. i have been bought up not to attach any over significance to my b'day. after all once you are born into this world, every day is God's gift. regardless, i always insist myself to attend a Holy Mass on that day. if i'm spending that day at home, mom used to prepare some special dishes or delicacies of my choice. that was the only incentive.
now when i think about such an upbringing, i'm always thankful to my parents. after all being ur b'day doesn't often work to your advantage in all the situations. coz of all these bringing-up stuff, b'days at school was seldom celebrated with just a toffee distribution among friends. thankful for the free toffee friends used to wish me. once i entered college, i deliberately lied or hid myself from all the queries pertaining to my b'day. partially bcoz i had the crooked philosophy that my true friends will find my b'day without my help and partially bcoz, i dint had much friends at college (although initially).
the thing or the event that caused such a surge in the number of wishers was the rise of orkut. oh God, it is wonderful. how can u miss ur frnds b'day if u find him smiling on ur orkut home page expecting a lot of warm wishes on his day? and that was the reason i has such a number of hits on my b'day. but wishing u on ur b'day does not make someone ur best frnd overnight or forgetting to wish does not make them enemies. even my room mates forgot to give me a kick i was expecting even when my another room mate's b'day was just the previous day. i cannot blame them as i forgot to congratulate my b'day-room-mate.
it's just quite a complicated thing. remembering these days and years. even though i liked history i find memorizing dates ruf and tuf for my mind. same is the case with names. many a times, i have read that women are more susceptible to missing wishes. i wonder wat me and my gang will do IF we got ourselves a girlfriend or wife.
for that i'm thankful that i don't have one.
anyway, thanks a lot to google and that fella orkutten. let me now get back to my work as my b'day does not make a big difference in my paycheck...

N.B- B'days can have a big impact on your wallet. So it will be better if u cud go bankrupt by the time ur b'day comes around. for that have b'days sometime around month ends. if u r already born with month early b'day, take care for ur children, i.e, plan accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment